These are heavenly, sweet, salty, chewy, crunchy, chocolatey, fudgey and melt-in-your-mouth….everything you could possibly want from a cookie and more!! The recipe is adapted from a Magnolia Bakery recipe which I found on The Art of Being Perfect, one of my favourite blogs.
185g plain flour
3/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
a generous pinch of salt
125g unsalted butter, softened
200g crunchy peanut butter
165g golden caster sugar
85g light brown soft sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tblsp milk
100g chocolate chunks
100g fudge chunks
- Preheat the oven to Fan 160°C and have 4 non-stick baking sheets ready. If you don’t have non-stick sheets then simply line them with greaseproof paper.
- Sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt and leave to one side.
- Cream together the butter and peanut butter until pale.
- Add the sugar and continue to beat until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the egg and egg yolk followed by the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour and milk.
- Finally fold through the chocolate and fudge chunks.
- Place golf ball sized balls onto the baking sheet spaced well apart (I only put 6 balls per baking sheet).
- Flatten each ball of dough slightly.
- Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes. (10 if you like your cookies chewy and 12 if you like them crunchy.)