450g digestive biscuits
3 rounded tablespoons cocoa powder
200g unsalted butter
2 tablespoons caster sugar
2 tablespoons golden syrup
90g unsalted butter, softened
90g icing sugar, sifted
60g peanut butter
150g dark chocolate, at least 50% cocoa solids
- Grease and line an 11″x7″/27cmx17cm tin (or whatever you have of a similar size)
- Blitz up the biscuits with the cocoa powder to a fine crumb.
- Melt the butter, sugar and golden syrup together in a microwave or in a saucepan.
- Mix the butter and biscuit mixture together.
- Press the mixture into the tin evenly.
- Place the tin in the fridge until firm.
- To make the buttercream, cream together the butter and icing sugar until pale and fluffy and then beat in the peanut butter.
- Spread the buttercream evenly over the biscuit base and put it back in the fridge to firm.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a bain marie until smooth.
- Remove the tin from the fridge and spread the melted chocolate evenly over the biscuit mixture.
- Return to the fridge to set.
Makes 40 mini squares